COCONUT OIL FUDGE
1/2 cup no sugar added almond butter
2 1/2 tbsp virgin coconut oil or coconut butter
2 1/2 tbsp agave
Flavor Ideas and Add Ons
Strawberry Fudge: Add 1/2 cup sliced strawberries.
Peanut Butter Fudge: Use peanut butter instead of almond butter and a pinch salt.
Banana-Pistachio Fudge: Add pistachios and 1/2 ripe banana.
Gingerbread Fudge: Use molasses instead of agave and add 1/8 tsp powdered ginger.
Chocolate Fudge: Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 overripe banana and an additional 2/3 cup coconut butter.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and almond butter.
- Stir in all other ingredients, smooth into a shallow plastic container or candy molds and freeze to set.
- Slice or pop out of the molds.
MOUNDS CANDY BARS
3/4 cup organic mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat.
- Using a small paint brush, coat the bottom and sides of a Mounds candy mold (available on Amazon.com).
- Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave.
- Remove mold from freezer.
- Fill chocolate lined molds with coconut mixture.
- Paint chocolate over coconut mixture to cover bars.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop mounds out of mold and serve.
1 cup filtered water
3 tbsp grass-fed beef gelatin
1 cup organic honey
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil. To prevent sticking, dust with arrowroot powder.
- In a bowl, mix gelatin with 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Bring other 1/2 cup of water, honey, vanilla and salt to boil over medium-high heat. Place a candy thermometer in sauce pan and continue to boil mixture until it reaches 240 degrees. Immediately remove from heat.
- Slowly pour the honey mixture into the bowl combining it with the softened gelatin. Mix on medium-low. Add lemon oil. Increase speed to high and continue mixing until it reaches a smooth, thick and creamy consistency.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust top of marshmallow with arrowroot powder.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares storing in an airtight container.
Becca Edwards is a holistic health coach/advocate and owner of b.e.WELL+b.e.CREATIVE (bewellbecreative.com).