Delicious Recipes from Lowcountry
This Recipe Uses Butterscotch Pudding Mix And Doesn’t Require Molasses!
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package cookand- serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flou
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- In a medium bowl, cream together the dry butterscotch pudding mix, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg. Combine the flou , baking soda, ginger and cinnamon; stir into the pudding mixture. Cover and chill dough until firm about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets. On a flou ed board, roll dough out to about 1/8-inch thickness, and cut into man shapes using a cookie cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden at the edges. Cool on wire racks.
- 2 large egg whites or 5 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Food coloring, if desired
- With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites with the lemon juice or extract until frothy. Add the sifted powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined, smooth and shiny. Turn to high and beat approximately 5 minutes till stiff and glossy. Add food coloring, if desired, and transfer to a pastry bag to pipe onto cookies.